GTH - Impact Summary for the year 21/22
1. Social welfare program
- ⦿ 36 children enrolled in school and supported with school fees, materials, and mentorship - a 12% increase in academic performance.
- ⦿ 64 Households with limited capacity supported with Health Insurance -Access to Medical and Health Services.
- ⦿ Gender-Based Violence was eradicated, and Menstruation was normalized (Stigma, Shame, and Poverty attached to menstruation were reduced). reduced teen pregnancies among students in Public Schools:
- 443 Adolescent boys and girls in school trained in sexual reproductive health and Gender-Based Violence.
- 110 Vulnerable Adolescent Girls in schools supported with free sanitary pads.
- 10 Women and 3 Teenage Mothers supported with Reusable Sanitary Pads.
2. Economic Empowerment Program
- ⦿ 10 Women trained in financial literacy and small business creation - 5 Women received startup capital - 1 Saving and Lending group (SLG) was created and named IGIHOZO.
- ⦿ Increased confidence and willingness to run businesses and provide for their families as women.
- ⦿ Improved economic status of beneficiary families
3. Sanitation and Hygiene in School Program
- ⦿ 24 Traditional pit latrines transformed into Sato Toilets.
- ⦿ 1 SRH and Hygiene Club was Created at Gitega Primary School composed by 50 Students and 1 Teacher.
- ⦿ 50 Liters of Liquid Soap, 200 Pieces of toilet paper, 50 Packs of Pads, 4 Jags, 3 Buckets, and 6 toilet brushes supplied at Gitega Primary School.
- ⦿ Improved sanitation and hygiene practices
- ⦿ Safe sanitation facilities for both genders and children with disabilities
- ⦿ Bad smells and flies transmitting diseases disappeared.